St George’s is blessed with a number of multi-purpose spaces that are highly practical for individuals and organisations to use for small and large meetings, events, dinners, classes, birthday parties, and concerts.
Our main church space can ordinarily seat a maximum of 300 people.
All our hirers are required to sign a formal hire agreement upon a booking being accepted (see ‘Terms of Hire and Application For’ below) and are required to abide by it during the time of hire.
Our current hourly rates for our spaces are (all prices are GST inclusive):
* Higher rates apply June to August to cover additional heating costs
Public liability insurance is not included in this hire price but is a necessity, and for those using the facilities who are not insured we offer cover for $25/day (Please indicate you would like insurance cover as part of your booking on the ‘Terms of Hire and Booking Application Form‘, see below).
St George’s reserves the right to refuse applications which do not accord with its ethos.
Please note that only Christian wedding ceremonies are authorised to be performed on church property.
If you would like to make a regular booking monthly or per term, please contact our office.
Supporting St. George’s Restoration Project
For commercial events we would be grateful if you could draw attention to our Tap N Go donation terminal in our porch area for attendees to support our the ongoing restoration of The Light on the Hill.
Process for hire
- Contact the office to check availability for desired dates and times
- Complete and return this form to us along with your insurance certificate of currency and Working With Vulnerable People cards (if applicable):
- We will finalise your booking and issue you with an invoice to secure the booking
- Pay the invoice by the earlier of 21 days from issue or 5 days prior to hire
- We will let you know how to access the building for your booking
If you are interested in one-off or repeated regular hire please contact the Church Office:
[email protected] | 6223 2146 | Tue-Thu 9:15am-5:00pm
St George’s Bank Details
Name: St Georges Church
Reference: “[invoice number]”
Harp Society of Tasmania photograph by Jenny Smith | Wedding Photography by Karen Brown www.karenbrown.com.au | Hobart Chamber Orchestra Photograph by Christine Akerman